Mother Teresa ECEC offers early learning programming for Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 2 students. Our program allows children to discover and learn through play, inquiry and hands on learning activities. After completion of Grade 2, our students will attend the LCSD elementary school of their choice or within the transportation boundaries.
TAKE A VIRTUAL TOUR of Mother Teresa Early Childhood Education Centre below:
School Information In Brief
Pre-Kindergarten Program (for eligible children)
- Fill out the form online: Registration Form
- Lloydminster Catholic School Division's Pre-Kindergarten Program provides three and four year old children the opportunity to enhance their skills by attending a structured in-school program for 2 hours / 4 days a week. The program focuses on structured play activity helping the children to learn through exploration.
- Throughout the daily sessions, the children will engage in activities that will increase their faith, social, physical, and academic development.
- Pre-Kindergarten spots are limited. Please notice the entry criteria to be considered for the program prior to registration.
Pre-Kindergarten PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY
Does my child meet the criteria for admission?
- The child is living in a single parent home.
- One or both parents was/are under the age of 21 at birth of child.
- The family has limited access to social support and/or services.
- One or both of the parents did not complete High School.
- The child comes from a low income family.
- The mother experienced pre-natal complications.
- The child has been placed in foster care.
- The child has suffered emotional trauma.
If your child does not meet criteria for the Pre-Kindergarten Program you are welcome to apply for LCSD's JUNIOR KINDERGARTEN program. Junior Kindergarten is a play based early learning program. It is geared towards promoting school readiness and full of hands-on learning that helps develop the child as a whole. Through play we are building social emotional growth, cognitive strengths, fine motor development, early literacy skills and fostering a curiosity and love for learning at a very young age. Our Junior Kindergarten program offers a well rounded, structured classroom environment with many opportunities and a variety of play based activities and centers throughout each day. The program welcomes children who are 4 years of age by the end of December of that year. More information on Junior Kindergarten can be found by clicking HERE.
Full Time Kindergarten-Grade 2 Programming
- Fill out the form online: Registration Form
- ALL students attend school: 8:20am - 2:55pm five days a week.
- We are the only full day, 5 day a week Kindergarten program in Lloydminster!
- Children may be bussed from any location within the Lloydminster City Limits.
- Program available city-wide to all LCSD families with children turning 5 before December 31 of the enrolling school year.
- This program is designed to allow students to meet and exceed our learning outcomes for Kindergarten. Students will have more time to develop literacy, numeracy and social-emotional skills.
- The program will allow children to discover and learn through both play, inquiry and hands on learning and structured activities.
- We foster a love for the creative arts through our specialized Music and Movement program. Children take part daily in musical and dance experiences that are integrated into their inquiry learning projects.
- Speech and Language, Occupational Therapy and Counselling support services are available.
- A full Religious Education program with a social justice component that provides authentic ways for our students to give back and impact our community.
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) programming.
- Students and teachers make use of our makerspace to support teaching in science, technology, and math. This space is used for making, learning and exploring. Our students enjoy the challenge of making something out of nothing!
- School Community Council supports school programs and goals.
- SMART Table, iPad Labs, Chromebooks and SMARTboards available to all students. Technology is integrated in authentic ways and used in the creation of projects that support student learning.
- Liaison Services supporting parents and families.
- Bussing to Mother Teresa Early Childhood Education Center will be provided city-wide on regular current bus routes.
- For special requests call (780) 808-8585.
After School Program
- After School Program is available.
- Hours of operation: 2:55 pm - 5:30 pm Monday through Friday and 1:55 pm to 5:30 pm on early dismissals.
- Contact the school for more information on the After School Program.